Future of Jobs - 2018
This report analyses the automation potential of labor market in India. We analyze more than 10 lakh job openings mapped to over 30 job roles and more than 100 skills that are required to perform activities on these job roles. In view of the technological advancements in the area of science and technology, a large number of activities on a job can be conducted using automated tools or bots, thus leaving a significant number of skills needed on certain jobs obsolete.
Key insights from the report:
- A little less than one third jobs are in software and IT, and over 20% are sales and customer services jobs.
- Core engineering jobs, in the various engineering domains like civil, mechanical, electrical, form only 7% of the total open positions.
- Analytics and consulting, despite being a niche function, comprise 4% of the total open positions
- Marketing is a function that shows very less ability to be automated at 21%.
- Software and Information Technology comes out to be the domain highest at risk, with demand as high as 31% in the function, the potential of automation of these jobs is 42%.
- Customer service lies at the edge with high automation potential of 64% and a 9% demand,
along with Sales, at 39% automat-ability and 12% demand.
To read more about the findings and recommendations of the Future of Jobs Report -2018, Download the Report